I started this blog to follow my progress of my desire to loose weight. In the past I believed that I could do this on my own, yet every year I resign and give up. I'd loose about 20 to 30 pounds and then I put it back on. The good news is that I never gain all of it back.
This time though I must keep it off. My health is deteriorating and I really need a change. This is a first for me, I never really admitted I have a problem. i am a diabetic, have high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I am heading for a heart attack on the midnight express. So far, I do not have to take medication which is why the diet and exercise. I also will be trying some stress management techniques I have been
I started this diet two weeks ago after my visit with the doctor. While he wasn't putting me on medication now, he will if I do not do something in three months to help reduce it. My weight was 235 pounds, my blood pressure was 171/ 102, pulse 85, BMI 37.8, and my glucose was 148.
I started to walk when the weather got nice; about thirty minutes a day when I can. My research and reading lead me to "Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease" By Doctor Dean Ornish. While there is a lot of clinical information and testimonials, it is full of good information especially on exercise, stress management and diet. The recipes seems to be interesting and doable.
I am now 226 pounds and my blood pressure is BP 159/ 99, Pulse 76, Glucose 138. I still feel alot of stress and can seem to let go.
JMJ
No comments:
Post a Comment